Then you need TinyThread++!
TinyThread++ implements a fairly compatible subset of the C++11 thread management classes.
- Open source!
- Very portable (it has been tested under Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, OpenSolaris and FreeBSD, and should work under most POSIX compatible systems).
- Fairly faithful to the C++11 standard (see the January 2012 draft: N3337, chapter 30).
- Minimalistic (no external dependencies, and easy to include in a project).
- Minimal overhead — most functions generate compact inline code.
- As a bonus, the library includes a very fast user space mutex class (fast_mutex).
The latest release is v1.1 (2012.05.07):
The Doxygen generated documentation can be found here.
The library is released under the zlib/libpng license, which makes it perfectly free to use for any application (including commercial applications).
If TinyThread++ is not what you need, you may try: